- Drinking without eating to save on calories actually makes your hangover worse and then to make you feel better many people consume lots of carbohydrates. Best to eat while drinking, so the alcohol can be absorbed into food, so you don’t’ binge the next day.
- Many people assume that drinking makes them more confident, sexy, witty and clever. This is a fallacy. Alcohol shuts down the critical and judgmental part of the brain, which why some socially shy and anxious people like to drink a lot. Self esteem is key to building confidence, so that you don’t need to drink to feel better.
- The Standard Glass measurement is not based on any medical fact. It is based on statistics from doctors who realized that people tend to under-calculate by 3 times how much they consume. The truth is people if they pace their drinking with 1 glass an hour over a 2-4 hour period while hydrating with water and eating food a few times a week will generally be healthy.
- A lot of people who are worried about their drinking do not belong in Alcoholics Anonymous. They are emotional drinkers and use alcohol as a way to escape from the world. Once the emotional driver is understood, then with the right sort of stress management tool they can reduce.
- Some people assume that drinking the next day helps the hangover. This is untrue. It can lead into an unhelpful cycle of drinking everyday. A hangover is a sign that your body is toxic and needs some recovery time.
The 5 tell tale signs that your drinking has become a problem
- You feel anxious and fearful about reducing your alcohol consumption
- Hangovers are becoming an every day occurrence
- Family and friends are commenting about your excessive drinking
- You sneaky drink or drink in secret
- Excessive drinking is starting to cause problems in your personal and professional life
Try the first day of the 7 days To Drink Less program now, so you can start to enjoy what you drink guilt free.